Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Remembering the Roots of Being a Motorsport Fan

For the past seven years I’ve worked in the motorsport industry as a reporter, and in that time, I’ve enjoyed the comforts of free coffee, clean toilets and air conditioned media centres at circuits all over the world. As a result, I (and I feel my peers), have lost touch with what it’s like to actually be a race fan. Certainly, working in media means getting up-to-the-minute information and news that is digested, then delivered to race fans in a coherent manner; but it also means, losing the essence of what being a follower of motorsport is all about. Let’s not forget, it’s the paying fans who help to bring the money into the sport, via entry fees and sundry purchases, plus they are the key component of bringing a [...]

Source: http://www.iracing.com/inracingnews/iracing-news/remembering-the-roots-of-being-a-motorsport-fan

Geki Olivier Gendebien Marc Gené Elmer George Bob Gerard

No comments:

Post a Comment